Greater Storage Capacity
Grid Connected Battery back-up solar Systems opens up opportunities of storing the generated power in both residential and commercial environments.
Following the launch of Tesla Powerwall in 2016, Quality Solar Sydney is pleased to offer you the latest in Powerwall technology, with the release of the Tesla Powerwall 2, with greater storage capacity to save any excess energy your solar system generates – so you can use it later.
Our experience with solar energy combined with Tesla’s latest Powerwall, means you’ll always be able to optimise and make the most of your solar power.
Tesla Powerwall 2 – what is it and what’s the latest
The Tesla Powerwall 2 is a powerful lithium ion battery to power your essential appliances during an outage, allow you to use stored energy during peak times, or, allow your home to run off solar power when it’s not sunny out.
Before options like this, you’d have to rely on large, expensive, and space hoarding battery banks, or extra energy from the sun would be wasted, or sent back through the grid if that was an option in your area.
- Enjoy solar energy day and night
- Lower your power bills and avoid peak energy usage rates
- As net metering laws change, save extra power for your home
- Indoor or outdoor use
- Backup your home by keeping lights, refrigerator and wi-fi running during outages
How do solar systems work with the Tesla Powerwall 2?
Photons (sun light) are absorbed by solar panels in a rooftop installation. DC electricity is then created from the solar panels. DC cannot be used in the home, and thus has to be converted to AC electricity with an inverter. The energy that is created is either used to power your house, fed back into the grid (if applicable) or stored using your Tesla Powerwall. You can manage all of this using a cloud-based app.
Tesla’s Powerwall 2 offers one of the best ratios for energy storage. One Powerwall 2 stores 13.5 kWh, basically enough to run your main appliances for a full 24 hours. It also comes with the inverter mentioned above. The Powerwall 2 comes with a 10 year warranty.
Tesla Powerwall 2 Specs
As efficient as it is stylish, the Powerwall is completely automated, low profile, and requires no maintenance.
- 13.5kWh energy storage capacity (Double Powerwall 1 capacity)
- Sleek, wall mounted design installed indoors or out
- Additional units can be added to increase capacity
- 10 year manufacturer’s warranty
- Cloud-based web and mobile control and monitoring
- Wall mounted, rechargeable lithium ion battery with liquid thermal control.